Sargent's is your home
for premier landscaping,
gardens and flowers!
Sargent's on 2nd
Garden Center & Florist
Mon. - Fri. 8-8
Mon. - Fri. 8-8
Main & Landscape Offices
Mon. - Fri. 8-4:30
And by Appointment
- Reading Room-Looking for information on plants, insects and more? Our staff
have put together infomation sheets for your use.
Here are links to planting instructions that we recommend:
Perennial Planting and Division - General Information for the Northern Gardener
Sargent's Plant Specific Perennial, Tree and Shrub Specification and Care Sheets
Tree and Shrub Planting Instructions
Still have a question? Ask us your questions.
- University of Minnesota Yard & Garden-If you need help diagnosing plant problems or figuring out if you have a weed or insect in the garden, stop into the garden center or look here.
- University of Minnesota Extension Service -- A current and valuable resource on plant material, plant diseases, and insects affecting Minnesota residents.
- University of Minnesota Soil Testing- Take the guess work out of fertilizer recommendations. Ensure fertile soil with out over fertilizing. Understand how best to ammend soil for particular plants.
- Pruning -- The University of Minnesota Extension Service's recommendations for pruning tools, timing, and techniques.
- Perennial Resource -- An excellent source of "inspiration and information on perennial gardening."
- University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum -- Discover gardening programs and lesiure activities offered by the arboretum.
- United States National Arboretum -- Find useful horticulture information and a schedule of gardening demonstrations and workshops at the arboretum.
- Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association -- Valuable hints and ideas for Minnesota gardeners.
- American Nursery and Landscape Association
- Minnesota State Horticultural Society -- From the publishers of "Northern Gardener" magazine.
- American Horticultural Society
- American Rose Society -- Learn about the Rose Society, the many varieties of roses, and how to best care for them.
- Perennial Plant Association -- An excellent source of information on the Perennial Plant of the Year and past winners.
- America Iris Society -- Interesting hints for planting and growing iris.
- American Hemerocallis Society -- Check out "Frequently Asked Questions" to learn about this fantastic perennial.
- American Peony Society -- Useful information about planting and growing beautiful peonies.
- American Clematis Society -- Descriptions and photos of more than 300 varieties of this vine, as well as excellent tips for the clematis grower.
- American Hosta Society -- Interesting background information on this popular perennial.
- North American Butterfly Association -- Find answers to your questions about butterflies and how to lure them into your garden.
- Butterflies -- A fun, whimsical window into the world of butterflies and butterfly gardening.
- Bailey Nurseries
- Rochester Park & Recreation Department -- Visit this site to find boulevard tree recommendations.
- Rochester Area Builders, Inc. -- Need help finding a builder in the Rochester area?